Unfortunately, I am no longer able to offer these fine fly rods through Amazon since the Colorado Legislature passed HB 10-1193 and destroyed the Amazon affiliate business in Colorado.
St Croix Rods are made in the USA in Park Falls Minnesota. The Avid series fly rods are the middle line of St Croix fly rods. The Avid Series Fly Rod is suitable for trout, bass, stripers, grayling, pike, blues or bonefish.
The Avid Fly Rod Series feature:
- Construction of high modulus SCIII graphite blanks
- Use of slim line ferrules combined with IPC (Integrated Poly Curve) blank technology help to eliminate those dead spots in a fly rod.
- All Avid series are a moderate fast action with a silky smooth casting action and great line feel.
- Fuji® Alconite® stripper guides with black frames. Fuji makes some of the best fly rod components and accessories in the world.
- Hard chrome single foot guides on 2 – 6 wt models and hard chrome snake guides on 7 – 10 wt models.
- Uplocking black anodized aluminum reel seat with ebony wood insert on models 2 – 6 wt
- Select Grade Cork Handle
- Two Coats of slow cure finish to protect your rod and keep it looking new for years
- Canteen Green Blank Finish
- All Avid Fly Rods come with a 1000 denier nylon hard rod case with handle and interior divided polypropylene liner.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Made in the U.S.A.
The St Croix Avid Fly Rod – an all around great performer under $300
Unfortunately, I am no longer able to offer these fine fly rods through Amazon since the Colorado Legislature passed HB 10-1193 in 2010 and destroyed the Amazon affiliate business in Colorado.