Meet the editor of BestFlyRods.com
- Fly fishing enthusiast since 1969
- Fly tier since 1970
- Best year fishing — 450 fish hooked and released in 2001 — one year before disastrous Hayman Fire that destroyed 135,000 acres of forest and streamside vegetation.
- Largest fish ever landed — 28 inch 8 lb, Colorado Rainbow in the North Fork of South Platte river April 30, 2005 on the North Fork Ranch.
- Most fish caught and released in one day 125 – July 26th 2006. From 2 pm to 6 pm there was a tremendous caddis hatch. I set up with a #14 goldribbed, flashback, beadhead hares hear top and a #16 Tellico nymph bottom. The Tellico is an old Tennesse pattern that can represent a lot of insects but works particularly well for a hatching caddis.
- Place 45 minutes from Denver, CO
- Favorite flies
- bead head gold ribbed flashback hares ear — sizes 12 through 18
- bead head prince — sizes 12 through 18
- Gregs emerger — sizes 14 through 18
- Gray thread body RS2 — sizes 16 through 22 (with and without wing)
- Gray thread body silver ribbed RS2 — sizes 14 through 20
- Gray thread body bead head silver ribbed RS2 — sizes 16 and 18
- Mecury bead head black beauty in sizes 16 through 22.